The cultural calendar is prepared and issued every month, programming the attraction with the purpose of stimulating all segments of the community with the local and regional typical festivities, musical shows, expositions, theater plays, dances, tourist tours, free cultural teaching workshops, etc.
|The old building of the Public Jail was designed by the French architect Victor Dubugras at the end of the 19th century and inaugurated in 1896. Its architecture is eclectic. It was originally built to house the Town Council and the Jail. As time went by, the building went through restoration that changed the original design. It was deactivated in 1979, moving the jail to other more appropriate premises and at the end of the 80s arose the idea of creating a museum to tell the history of Santa Bárbara d'Oeste.
A new restoration was required to house the museum, while a Town Hall group of people organized its creation by collecting with the population the objects of permanent interest in the arts and science that would be preserved and exhibited.
|The Museum was inaugurated on January 30, 1998. Since 1993 the Museum is also the Antonio Duarte Artist House, where monthly are held exhibitions of local and out of city artists. The assets consist of 3,000 pieces among objects and documents, including letters in English - among them one from Barão de Mauá - pictures and important documents on the history of Santa Bárbara d'Oeste and the immigration of North Americans to our region. There are objects from the Secession War, old newspapers and magazines that preserve the city memory and promote the plastic arts and other cultural manifestations through displays and exhibitions. The Immigration Museum is one of the most visited in the interior of São Paulo. It received a record number of visitors in 1999, when 22,823 people visited us.|
|Address:||Praça Nove de Julho, s/n - Centro|
|Visits:||Tuesday to Sunday from 9h00am to 6h30pm|
Founded on June 15, 1968 the "Maria Aparecida de Almeida Nogueira Municipal Library" has an asset of 34,570 books and is visited by an average of 120 thousand people a year. It has in its records 7,500 adult readers and 4,500 youngsters. The library receives 25 weekly and monthly magazines and 9 newspapers.
|Service:||Biblioteca Municipal Maria Aparecida de Almeida Nogueira|
|Address:||Praça 9 de Julho s/nº - Centro|
|Open:||Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 9:00pm.
Saturday from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
|Santa Bárbara d'Oeste is proud to have one of the largest and better theaters in the interior of São Paulo with the capacity to feature dance and theatrical performances, music shows and other cultural events. Since 1997, the Manoel Lyra Theater has been closen for national music and theater festivals attracting composers and interpreters from all over the country. The theater was inaugurated on June 26,1995 and it is named after one of the pioneers of the theater in the interior of São Paulo. Manoel Lyra dedicated his life to dramatic art and to the dissemination of the theater with passion and in a tireless way.|
|Service:||Municipal Theater "Manoe Lyra"|
|Address:||Rua João XXIII, 61|
|Phone:||(19) 455-1496 Fax: (19) 455-2473|
|NOSSA SENHORA APARECIDA PARISH CHURCH|
Inaugurated on December 8, 1960 the church was built by the Piracicaba Diocese with the help of the community. It went through some restoration and the last one was inside when the altar was enlarged during the first semester of 1999. This church since 1972 carries out the "Night of Vigil for Brazil" with non-stop masses celebrated on a date near October 12, the patron's date.
|SANTA BÁRBARA PARISH CHURCH|
The Santa Bárbara parish was the first chapel built in our city in 1818 by decision of the city's founder Mrs. Margarida da Graça Martins in honor to the saint of her devotion. The church was originally built with wattle and daub, that is, interlaced been walls and mud, and lath covered with palm tree leaves, and the door of rough peroba wood. At that time, the church received a marble baptismal font, the main alter, a pulpit, confessional, a carillon clock and rough seats. It was elevated to chapel with a priest on April 16, 1839. Around 1875 due to its poor maintenance, the province government authorized lotteries to finance the construction of a new church which was finished at the end of the 19th century. During the years hence, the church went through several restorations, the last one was in 1986.
|Service:||Igreja Matriz de Santa Bárbara|
|Address:||Praça Rio Branco em frente a Praça Cel. Luiz Alves|
|Why?|History|Photo Gallery|Santa Bárbara Localization|Streets and Maps|Education and security|Highways|Leisure and entertain|Representative Entities|Hymn, flag and heraldy|City hall|Mayor's words|Utility Telephone|Health, Habitation and Urbanization|Touristc Places|Cultural Schedule|Economical Information|Curiosities|Transport and Resources|Communication vehicles|ACISB|Word of the President|Development|